Monday, January 2, 2012

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've brought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight
How I'll hate going out in the storm
But if you really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm

The fire is slowly dying
And my dear we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Yes, I'm singing that in my head, because (*drum roll*), it's snowing, and better yet, sticking!  It's glorious looking outside, and I walked out barefoot to get some footage to use in one of my movies.  Such an overcast day with the sun shining pink behind the clouds, but not completely overpowering.  I have taken pictures of it, but the slight pink-yellow color does not show well.  I love days like this, which is why I find Alaska to be so captivating.  It was always so cold and dreary, looking like the pictures in a fairy tale.  The big, bad woods that we only dream about.  With fluffy, perfect snow piled on pine trees, it's picture perfect, an idealism.  Except for the large game and predators, that is.

Don't get me wrong, our woods here are gorgeous, pretty and perfect, but they're relatively harmless, minus snakes.  Winter's a comin'.  It surely is, and I'm delighted, for it has always been my favorite season.  On a different note, I'm reading Book One of The Hunger Games, which is wonderful.  *nods*  Adios!

7 comments:

  1. Wait... it was snowing, and you were outside, BAREFOOT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, barefoot. It wasn't snowing that hard when I went out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Avi-

    This is Ver. Changed your name? Also Jesse loves the Hunger Games, did you know that there making a movie? I've been debating whether to start the series or not. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, still Avi, just commenting with my account. Ah, yes, I knew about the movie. There's going to be a movie for each book. I totally recommend that you read the series. I'm on the final book, and it's awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Avi-

    This is Ver. Gosh Avi you posted this on Jan 2nd and you're on the final book on Jan 7th....Gosh! How many books are there? And I may still pondering! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three books. I'm still on the final one, because I got stuck on a less exciting part. Yeah, I typically burn through books in two-three days if it's a kids book. That's the way it was with The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I'm still stuck on Mockingjay. Adult nonfiction books take longer. Still working on The Stranger Beside Me. I don't know, I'm a fast reader, and I read a lot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait Avi so that's the hunger games book names? Haha don't know much about the books.

    ReplyDelete