Friday, December 9, 2011

"Hello, Clarice."

Does that mysterious title puzzle you?  Well, it probably does, unless you're me!  It's a Hannibal Lecter thing, which everyone in my family knows.  Yeah, I'm talking about the movies and books, The Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising.
'What are they about?' you ask.  Let me answer that question!
Hannibal Lecter (M.D.) is a cannibalistic serial killer who kills the rude.  Yeah, the rude.  He's very polite and classy and is the main character (kind of), making for some fascinating books.
Okay, now for reviews.
The Red Dragon (Book):  Very good book!  Quite interesting.  3.5/5
The Red Dragon (Movie):  Follows along with the book, and is very good, which is why I give it  5/5
The Silence of the Lambs (Book):  Fantastic!  I like the character Clarice Starling (yes, that's who the title is about, since Clarice comes to the asylum to talk to Dr. Hannibal Lecter about a serial killer.)  This book involves Dr. Lecter more than The Red Dragon, so I like it better, but, from an unbiased point of view, it gets a 4/5 for being awesome.
The Silence of the Lambs (Movie):  Good movie, which follows along with the book, but I don't think it was as good as The Red Dragon movie.  3/5  (Yeah, it's got Academy Awards to vouch for it, but so what, right)
Hannibal (Book):  I LOVE this book.  It follows Hannibal Lecter unlike the others, and is more descriptive than the other books.  5/5
Hannibal (Movie):  Love it!  It has a different ending than the book, but I loved it none the less.  Plus, it was kind of weird and awesome.  5/5

Wow, that nerdyness was enough.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment